Music Makes Me - Give Away Rules
THE KOSS #MUSICMAKESME GIVEAWAY SWEEPSTAKES OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN,
NOR WILL A PURCHASE IMPROVE ONE’S CHANCES OF WINNING
1. SPONSOR: Koss Stereophones d/b/a Koss Stereophones, 4129 North Port Washington Road, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53212, together with its affiliates, offices, subsidiaries, agents and employees (“Koss” or “Sponsor”).
2. ENTRY PERIOD: The Koss #MusicMakesMe Giveaway Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) takes place daily on the following dates: January 4, 5, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 29, 30, 31, between the following times: 9:01 a.m. Central Daylight Time (“CDT”) and 11:59 p.m. CDT on the corresponding day (“Entry Period”). Daily entry is required for eligibility on the specific day.
3. METHOD OF ENTRY: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Enter via Twitter: Internet access and Twitter account required. To enter the Sweepstakes, you must log into your Twitter account and and “Follow” @KossHeadphones. Once you are following, @KossHeadphones, you must “retweet” the specific Sweepstakes tweet which will include the hashtag #MusicMakesMe for that specific day. In order for your entry to be valid, your Twitter Account must be public and thus viewable by the Sponsor and its agents.
The use of automated entry devices is prohibited. To be eligible, you will be required to provide the Sponsor, as outlined above, with your name, email address, and date of birth. Sponsor will not be responsible for entries lost, delayed, incomplete, or misdirected. All entry information is provided to Sponsor, not to Twitter. Entries will become the sole property of Sponsor and by entering, you expressly consent to adding your name to receive future promotional offers, which you may unsubscribe from at any time by simply following the unsubscribe directions included in each future promotional offer. All entries, must be received by 11:59 p.m. CDT on the corresponding day of the Sweepstakes.
Limit: Only one (1) entry per person per day will be accepted regardless of the number of Twitter accounts used. Duplicate entries received in the same day from the same person/address/household are void and will be automatically eliminated.
4. ELIGIBILITY: Except where regulated or restricted by law, the Sweepstakes is open to residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia who are 18 years or older at the time of entry. Employees of Sponsor and its parent and affiliated companies and the immediate family members of, and any persons domiciled with, any such employees, are not eligible to enter or to win. The term “immediate family members” includes spouses, parents, grandparents, siblings, children, and grandchildren. Entries must be received by the end of the Entry Period. Any entries received after the end of the Entry Period will be disregarded and not included in the Sweepstakes. Other eligibility requirements and conditions of participation are set forth in these official rules for the Sweepstakes (“Official Rules”). All federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply. Void where prohibited or restricted by law.
5. PRIZES: The following prizes having the following verifiable retail values will be awarded on the following days:
January 4, 2018 Porta Pro Classic (verifiable retail value of $49.99)
January 5, 2018 Porta Pro Classic (verifiable retail value of $49.99)
January 8, 2018 Porta Pro Classic (verifiable retail value of $49.99)
January 9, 2018 Porta Pro Classic (verifiable retail value of $49.99)
January 10, 2018 Porta Pro Classic (verifiable retail value of $49.99)
January 11, 2018 Porta Pro Classic (verifiable retail value of $49.99)
January 12, 2018 Porta Pro Classic (verifiable retail value of $49.99)
January 15, 2018 Porta Pro Classic (verifiable retail value of $49.99)
January 16, 2018 Porta Pro Classic (verifiable retail value of $49.99)
January 17, 2018 Porta Pro Classic (verifiable retail value of $49.99)
January 18, 2018 Porta Pro Classic (verifiable retail value of $49.99)
January 19, 2018 Porta Pro Classic (verifiable retail value of $49.99)
January 22, 2018 Porta Pro Classic (verifiable retail value of $49.99)
January 23, 2018 Porta Pro Classic (verifiable retail value of $49.99)
January 24, 2018 Porta Pro Classic (verifiable retail value of $49.99)
January 25, 2018 Porta Pro Classic (verifiable retail value of $49.99)
January 26, 2018 Porta Pro Classic (verifiable retail value of $49.99)
January 29, 2018 Porta Pro Classic (verifiable retail value of $49.99)
January 30, 2018 Porta Pro Classic (verifiable retail value of $49.99)
January 31, 2018 Porta Pro Classic (verifiable retail value of $49.99)
6. SELECTION OF WINNER: The Sponsor will conduct, by approximately 10:00 a.m. CDT, a random draw from all eligible Entries received via Twitter for the previous day’s Sweepstakes Entry Period (example: the drawing for January 4, 2018 will take place between 12:00 a.m. and 9:59 a.m CST on January 5, 2018).
Sponsor will announce winners Twitter handle as a “reply” to the relevant tweet for that specific days’ drawing, located at http://www.twitter.com/KossHeadphones and will notify each winner via Twitter direct message. Odds of winning any prize depends on the total number of eligible entries received.
7. WINNER: Daily winners will be notified by when they are announced by the “reply” on the relevant tweet and later by Twitter direct message. Sponsor is not responsible if a prize notification is not received for any reason. Disqualification will result from any of the following: (1) potential winner’s inability to accept prize; (2) potential winner’s failure to execute and return an Affidavit of Eligibility/Release of Liability/Publicity Release by the deadline stated by Sponsor in the prize notification; (3) the return of a prize notification as undeliverable; (4) failure to provide required information for delivery of prize; or (5) any other non-compliance with these Official Rules, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. (All Federal, state, and local taxes are solely the winner’s responsibility.
Prize Delivery: Prizes will be delivered within thirty (30) days of the final day of the Sweepstakes (January 31, 2018) and after Sponsor verifies the winner’s eligibility. Prior to delivery, Sponsor may require the winner to execute and return an Affidavit of Eligibility/Release of Liability/Publicity Release. If a prize, or any portion thereof, cannot be awarded for any reason, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. Winners may waive their right to receive a prize. All prizes are non-transferrable, non-exchangeable, and non-refundable, have no cash value, and must be accepted by the winner as awarded.
8. CONDITIONS, DISCLAIMERS AND LICENSE: By entering this Sweepstakes, each entrant agrees that: (1) he or she will abide by and be bound by these Official Rules; (2) the entry, including any comments submitted, becomes solely the Sponsor’s property and will not be acknowledged or returned; (3) neither Twitter nor Sponsor or any of its affiliated companies or the advertising and promotional agencies affiliated with Sponsor or those affiliated companies, nor any of their officers, directors, employees, agents or representatives (collectively, Sponsor’s “Affiliates”) are responsible for claims, injuries, death, losses or damages of any kind resulting from Sweepstakes participation or inability to participate; the awarding, acceptance, use, misuse, possession, loss or misdirection of the prize or parts thereof; or participation in any prize related activity; (4) winner’s acceptance of a prize constitutes the grant of an unconditional right to use winner’s name, address (city and state only), voice, likeness, photograph, biographical and prize information and/or statements about the promotion for any publicity, advertising and promotional purposes, including the right to print, publish, broadcast, and use, worldwide in any media now known or hereafter developed, including without limitation, the World Wide Web, without additional compensation or limitation, except where prohibited by law; (5) any portion of the prize not accepted by the winner will be forfeited; (6) Sponsor is not responsible for any inability of the winner to accept the prize for any reason; and (7) by entering this Sweepstakes, all entrants agree that Sponsor has the sole right to decide all matters relating to the Sweepstakes, including fact, interpretation, eligibility, procedure, fulfillment, and disputes from the Sweepstakes and its determination of the qualifiers and winner is final.
In the event a question arises regarding a winner’s identity, the entry will be deemed made by the holder of the Twitter account associated with the entry. Entries are void if unreadable, inaccurate, incomplete, mutilated, tampered with, forged, mechanically reproduced, postage due, misdirected, late, irregular in any way, or otherwise not in compliance with these Official Rules. Although Sponsor attempts to ensure the integrity of the Sweepstakes, neither Sponsor nor any of its affiliated companies or the advertising and promotional agencies affiliated with Sponsor or those affiliated companies are responsible for the actions of entrants or other individuals in connection with the Sweepstakes, including attempts by entrants or other individuals to circumvent these Official Rules or otherwise interfere with the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes. If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned by reason of damage by computer virus, worms, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical limitations or failures, strikes, industry conditions, bankruptcy or liquidation, marketplace demands, applicable law, unforeseen obstacles, or any other causes which, in the sole opinion of Sponsor, could corrupt, compromise, undermine, or otherwise affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, viability, or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole and absolute discretion to modify these Official Rules, and/or to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend all or any part of the Sweepstakes, and in the event of cancellation or termination, to select winners from among all eligible non-suspect entries received up to the time of such cancellation, termination, modification, or suspension, as applicable. Inclusion in such drawing will be each entrant’s sole and exclusive remedy under such circumstances. Proof of submitting entry will not be deemed receipt of such entry by Sponsor.
9. LIMITATIONS ON LIABILITY: Neither Twitter nor Sponsor or its Affiliates shall be liable to the winner or any other person for failure to supply the prize or any part thereof, by reason of any acts of God, any action(s), regulation(s), order(s) or request(s) by any governmental or quasi-governmental entity (whether or not the action(s), regulation(s), order(s) or request(s) prove(s) to be invalid), equipment failure, terrorist acts, earthquake, war, fire, flood, explosion, unusually severe weather, hurricane, embargo, labor dispute or strike (whether legal or illegal), labor or material shortage, transportation interruption of any kind, work slow-down, civil disturbance, insurrection, riot, or any other cause beyond Sponsor’s or its Affiliates’ sole control.
10. Release and Indemnification: BY ENTERING THE SWEEPSTAKES, ENTRANTS RELEASE AND HOLD THE SPONSOR, ITS AFFILIATES, AND TWITTER HARMLESS FROM AND AGAINST ANY AND ALL LOSSES, DAMAGES, RIGHT, CLAIMS, AND ACTIONS OF ANY KIND ARISING IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, FROM THE SWEEPSTAKES OR PARTICIPATION IN ANY SWEEPSTAKES RELATED ACTIVITY, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, ACCESS TO ANY MATERIALS, OR RESULTING DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, FROM ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, USE OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE AWARDED IN CONNECTION WITH THE SWEEPSTAKES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, PERSONAL INJURY, DEATH, AND/OR PROPERTY DAMAGE, AS WELL AS CLAIMS BASED ON PUBLICITY RIGHTS, DEFAMATION, AND/OR INVASION OF PRIVACY.
- 2. Severability, Headings: If any provision of these Official Rules is found to be unlawful, void, or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from these Official Rules and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions. Headings and captions are used in these Official Rules solely for convenience of reference, and shall not be deemed to affect in any manner the meaning or intent of these Official Rules or any provision hereof.
- 3. Applicable Law: This Sweepstakes, and any disputes that may arise hereunder , shall be governed in all respects by the laws of the state of Wisconsin without regard to the conflicts of laws principles of any jurisdiction. Venue with respect to any such disputes shall be had in the state and federal courts of the state of Wisconsin.
12. Winners’ List/Official Rules Requests: For the winners list (available after January 31,2018) and/or a copy of these Official Rules (request must be received before January 2, 2018), send a self-addressed, stamped #10 envelope to: Koss Stereophones, 4129 North Port Washington Road, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53212, Attn: Legal Department and indicate which you are requesting.
13. Twitter Disclaimer: This Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by, or associated with Twitter.