- M-T 8am to 4:30pm, Fri 8am to 3pm
- Contact Form
We Value Your Privacy
Personal Information That We Collect and How We Collect It
When you use the website, you are not required to provide us with any personal information about yourself. But if you purchase a product, create an account, register a product on our website, or make a customer service request or warranty claim, we do collect personal information from you. In addition to that which you volunteer to us, the personal information that we collect from you includes:
your first and last name
your telephone number
your email address
your date of birth
your credit/debit card information
the Koss product you purchased
the coupon code you used to purchase your product, if any
the store you purchased it from
the date you purchased it
We may also collect personal information about you when you contact us with a question or concern, when you register for a sweepstakes or special contest, or when you submit a warranty claim through our website. This information is all called “Personal Information” or “PI.” We are responsible for the collection and use of your PI and act as controller under the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”).
We Collect Other Information In Addition to PI
We also collect information from your web browser every time you request a page during a visit to our website. This includes your IP address, operating system, web browser software, screen resolution, and referring website. Some of our third-party service providers and partners may use pixels (aka web beacons/web bugs/java script) to facilitate this. Pixels are tiny graphics with a unique identifier that are used to track a user’s movement online, but unlike with cookies, pixels are not stored on your computer. Although we cannot control whether these third parties actually use pixels or not, the information described in this paragraph will only be used to help us improve our business and the functionality of our website.
Finally, we also collect aggregated information (that contains no PI) from all of your users.
How We Use the Information that We Collect
If the information we collect is not PI, then we may use that information for any lawful purpose. For example, we may use it to analyze trends, conduct research, administer services, track users’ movements around the website, and to improve our business, the website, and our products and services. We also use aggregated information (that contains no PI) to provide anonymous statistical information to suppliers, advertisers, affiliates, and other current and potential business partners.
How We Secure and Retain Your Information
The security of your information is important to us; however, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be completely secure. We have implemented security measures, including data encryption and firewall technology, to secure the information we collect. We will use reasonable efforts to protect your PI, although we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us. As a result, your information may be unlawfully intercepted or accessed.
Information Sharing and Third Parties
Although how we may disclose your PI is limited as described above, we may share information about you or from you that is not PI with third parties for any lawful purpose, including to analyze trends, conduct research, help us administer our services, track users’ movements around the website, and to improve our business, products, services, and the website.
We reserve the right to disclose your PI (or any other information) when we believe it is necessary to protect our rights or to identify, contact, or bring legal action against persons or entities who may be causing injury to you, us, or others. We may also disclose your PI (or any other information) when we believe the law requires it (including to regulators and law enforcement authorities).
We reserve the right to share your PI to effect a corporate transaction, in connection with the sale, merger, or reorganization of our company where the information is provided in the normal course of business, or in connection with any bankruptcy that we may file for.
Please note that we also use social plug-ins from and operated by Facebook, Inc. (“Facebook”). These plug-ins are accessed by clicking on an icon with a Facebook logo or other designation.
When you access our website, your browser establishes a direct connection with the Facebook servers. The content of the plug-in is transferred by Facebook directly to your browser, which then integrates it into our website. As a result of this integration, Facebook receives information that you have accessed the corresponding page of our website. If you are logged into your Facebook account when you visit our website, Facebook will be able to assign your visit to our website to your Facebook account. Please note that the transfer of this information to Facebook occurs automatically if you are logged into your Facebook account when you visit our website, even if you have not actually activated a plug-in by clicking on an icon with a Facebook logo. If you activate a plug-in, such as by clicking the “Like” or “Send” icon, the corresponding information is sent directly to Facebook by your browser and saved there.
Credit card payments can be made via phone, mail or through our online e-commerce site. For security purposes and to be PCI compliant, we are unable to accept orders with credit card numbers via fax or e-mail. Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express are the only credit cards accepted for payment.
Online Tracking and Your Choices
If you are a California resident who is under age 18 and you are unable to remove publicly available content that you have submitted to us, you may request removal by contacting us using the contact information in the “Contacting Us” section below. When requesting removal, you must be specific about the information you want removed and provide us with specific information, such as the URL for each page where the information is located, so that we can find it. We are not required to remove any content or information that: (a) federal or state law requires us or a third party to maintain; (b) was not posted by you; (c) is anonymized so that you cannot be identified; (d) you don’t follow our instructions for removing or requesting removal; or (e) you received compensation or other consideration for providing the content or information. REMOVAL OF YOUR CONTENT OR INFORMATION FROM THE WEBSITE DOES NOT ENSURE COMPLETE OR COMPREHENSIVE REMOVAL OF THAT CONTENT OR INFORMATION FROM OUR SYSTEMS OR THE SYSTEMS OF OUR SERVICE PROVIDERS. We are not required to delete the content or information you posted. Our obligations under California law are satisfied so long as we anonymize the content or information or render it invisible to other users and the public.
California Shine the Light Law
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits California residents to request and obtain from us once a year, free of charge, a list of the third parties to whom we have disclosed personal information (as defined under that statute) of that California resident, for direct marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year and the categories of that kind of personal information that was disclosed to them. If you are a California resident and you wish to make such a request, you may contact us by using the contact information in the “Contacting Us” section below.
European Privacy Law
If you are afforded protection under the GDPR, you are entitled to a number of other rights, which are summarized below. We may require you to verify your identity before we respond to your requests to exercise your rights. If you are entitled to these rights, you may exercise any of these rights with respect to your PI that we collect and store. We will only retain your PI for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purpose of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. To determine the appropriate retention period for personal information, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal information, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your PI, the purposes for which we process your PI and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
Your rights under the GDPR:
- You have the right to withdraw consent at any time where we are relying on your consent to process your PI. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdrew your consent. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain products or services to you. We will advise you if this is the case at the time you withdraw your consent.
- You have the right to request access to your PI (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the PI we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- You have the right to request correction of the PI that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected, though we may need to verify the accuracy of the new information you provide to us.
- You have the right to request erasure of your PI. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove PI where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your PI where you have successfully exercised your right to object to processing, where we may have processed your PI unlawfully, or where we are required to erase your PI to comply with applicable law. Note, however, that we may not always be able to comply with your request of erasure for specific legal reasons, which will be notified to you, if applicable, at the time of your request.
- You have the right to request the transfer of your PI to you or to a third party. We will provide to you, or a third party you have chosen, your PI in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format. Note that this right only applies to automated PI that you initially provided consent for us to use or where we used the PI to perform a contract with you.
- You have the right to request restriction of processing of your PI. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of your PI in the following scenarios: (a) if you want us to establish the accuracy of the PI; (b) where our use of the PI is unlawful but you do not want us to erase it; (c) where you need us to hold the PI even if we no longer require it as you need it to establish, exercise, or defend legal claims; or (d) you have objected to our use of your PI but we need to verify whether we have overriding legitimate grounds to use it.
- You have the right to object to our processing of your PI where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation that makes you want to object to processing on this ground as you feel it impacts your fundamental rights and freedoms. You also have the right to object where we are processing your PI for direct marketing purposes. In some cases, we may demonstrate that we have compelling legitimate grounds to process your PI which override your rights and freedoms.
You may exercise these rights free of charge. These rights will be exercisable subject to limitations as provided for by GDPR. Any requests to exercise the above-listed rights may be made by contacting us at contact information in the “Contacting Us” section below.
Notice to Users Outside of the United States
We are headquartered in the United States. Your use of the website, your ordering of any products, and any services provided to you though the website, including warranty claims, are governed by United States law. If you are using the website from outside of the United States, your information may be transferred to, stored, and processed in the United States where our servers are located. In accordance with and as permitted by applicable law and regulations, we reserve the right to transfer your information, process, and store it outside your country of residence to wherever we or our third-party service providers operate.
Koss Corporation is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.